What to Expect in the Course
When love is not enough. Foster parents and other caregivers give from the bottom of their hearts. Often this isn't enough. Complex trauma changes the child’s brain and nervous system (and thus all development). These kids don't respond well to typical parenting.
How do we create an environment of nurturing experiences for these children to heal? Can we move beyond "managing" the challenging emotions and behaviours to “see” and respond to the underlying needs? YES, WE CAN!
7 Course Hours (work at your own pace)
Course hours can be used towards Professional Development Requirements. Certificates will be provided upon completion.
Practical skills and tools you'll learn:
- Why is Complex Trauma Important?
- Module 1: What Are Our Children Carrying?
- Module 2: Body and Stress
- Module 3: Managing Emotions and Stress
- Module 4: Attachment and Relationships
- Module 5: Identity Development
- Module 6: Reframing Challenging Behaviours
- Module 7: Caregiver Wellness