What to Expect in the Course
Trauma-Focused Schools dives deep into the heart of why children with trauma have big (sometimes scary) behaviours, and how to support such students and an entire classroom dynamic to be optimal for healing, growth, and learning.
7 Course Hours (work at your own pace)
Course hours can be used towards Professional Development Requirements. Certificates will be provided upon completion.
Practical skills and tools you'll learn:
- The neuroscience behind how complex trauma impacts the brain and body
- How to look at student behaviours from a developmental lens
- 10 ways to de-escalate a student
- An intervention framework for homes and schools
- How to create trauma-focused Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s)
- How to create a plan for self-care to prevent burnout
- Strategies to support ALL students