Whether you are working in a staffed residential home or in another caregiving capacity, become equipped through our Trauma Focused Residential Caregiving course with knowledge and tools that will transform your agency, home and practice.
Using cutting edge research and application principals on complex trauma theory you'll learn:
- A comprehensive understanding of complex trauma;
- How to view behaviour through 7 Developmental Domains;
- Why so many children struggle with self-regulation and how to improve it;
- How to decrease hyper-arousal though practical sensory and calming activities;
- Strategies to coach kids through common daily triggers and stressors;
- Useful every day ways to deepen attachment and strategies to listen with empathy;
- How to use signature strengths to increase children's sense of identity and positive behavioural approaches.
Our Trauma-Focused Residential Caregiving course is ideal for training new staff and ongoing professional development for existing staff and caregivers. It is highly recommended by multiple residential home agencies in British Columbia.
Please note: While this course is designed to be facilitated in a group, individuals are able to complete the course independently. To ensure maximum benefit we highly recommend spending time reflecting on the discussion questions. Completion certificates available for all students.