What to Expect in the Course
Development Over Diagnosis dives deep into how to best support children and youth who may or may not have a diagnosis. Angela and Kyle will teach you about their incredible GROW framework which is a tool to help grownups support children and youth from where they are developmentally.
GROW stands for:
Ways to Support
Diagnoses covered in this course include Anxiety, ADHD, Learning Disorders, Intellectual Disorder, and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
7 Course Hours (work at your own pace)
Course hours can be used towards Professional Development Requirements. Certificates will be provided upon completion.
Practical knowledge, skills and tools you'll gain:
- Understanding on how complex trauma profoundly impacts a child’s brain and body which results in developmental delays across a broad spectrum.
- Understanding on what can be done to improve a child's developmental trajectory and capacity for healing.
- Awareness surrounding the important shift between a child's diagnosis and developmental age.
- Understanding of the signs, symptoms and the diagnostic process of specific disorders: anxiety, ADHD, learning disorders, intellectual disorder and autism.
- Understanding how different diagnoses map on developmental domains.
- A helpful framework that can be applied to a child with or without a diagnosis.
- Awareness of the importance to reframe children and youth's behaviours into a positive and empathetic framework.
- A deeper understanding into observing your own children/youth/students.
- Our top, evidence-based strategies to support students with anxiety, attention challenges, learning disorders, intellectual disorders and autism (whether they are officially diagnosed or not).